Sunday, September 01, 2019

Gourmet Dinner

Matt made us a gourmet dinner last night to celebrate Kellie's 27th birthday.  It continues to amaze me how so many of my offspring are excellent and creative cooks.  We had a salad that was wrapped in long strands of cucumber instead of using a bowl...so creative.  Then it was followed by very expensive and very delicious steaks, specialty mashed potatoes, and veggies.  It was so good but I couldn't finish it all.  The dessert was home made (by Matt) cheesecake with his own home made topping.  Everything was beautifully plated and Matt even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards.

This was all a lovely treat for Kim, too, who could relax and just enjoy this beautiful meal instead of having to do all the work.

Nick, Bev, and the boys picked me up to take me to dinner because it would be dark going home and I can't see to drive in the dark.  Kim drove me home.  My people take such good care of me that it's humbling at times.

All in all, a lovely late summer day ending with special time spent with family. 

No comments: