Friday, September 06, 2019

"Sit With"

I'm the kind of person who likes to know who I'm going to sit with.  I am horribly uncomfortable walking into a gathering and not knowing the people there or not knowing where I should sit.  I guess I need to know where I'm welcome.

When Donna was alive (so hard to write those words!), I'd always look for her at any gathering and head straight for her.  That was my comfort zone because I'm not a shmoozer and neither was Donna.  What I mean by shmoozer is a person who likes to tour the floor and stop to talk to everyone.  Faye is a shmoozer but Mary isn't.  I think most of the people I care about are non-shmoozers just like me.

Tomorrow is Donna's memorial service at Todd and Kim's house.  I'm assuming Donna's ashes will be there and that's where I'll go first.  It makes me cry just to think about it so I hope I can hold it together tomorrow.

No comments: