Thursday, October 03, 2019

Ear Tube Update

After spending a whole winter, spring, and part of the summer with a blocked ear that was almost deaf, the tube I had inserted in August appears to be working.  I had a hearing test yesterday and both ears are now receiving about equally.  The ear with the tube still feels somewhat blocked but I knew my hearing had gradually improved in the last month or so.  There was absolutely no improvement for at least a few weeks after the tube was inserted and that was terribly disappointing but I did begin to notice very gradual improvement.

Apparently my hearing, even in both ears, isn't perfect because of age but not bad and not needing a hearing aid.  I will be quite satisfied with what I have now.

Of course I have another worry in the back of my mind and that's for what will happen the next time I get a bad cold and my ears block once again.   

No comments: