Monday, October 21, 2019

Happy

I noticed that the last blog I wrote was titled "Depression"  and I certainly remembered that part of my life when depression broke me down.  It's probably the reason why I glory in my happy days now.

Happiness is relative.  You can be happy for many reasons...wealth, health, friends, family, etc....but the most positive way to be happy is to simply enjoy what is good in your life.  It just might be a sunny day or short while without pain.  The bad stuff is part of living and, if we can learn to cope with it and still enjoy the good days, we are very lucky.

I'm happy today because the sun is shining and I refuse to allow anything negative to ruin today's happiness.  You can be in charge of your attitude.

There is civil strife all around the world and you will see the devastation on the news but you might also see a smiling little child among the rubble and that's what I mean about creating your own attitude.  You can have crap all around you but you can also zone in on something to smile about.

We can't change the past but we can decide how it will affect us.  We can choose to sink or swim.  So, unless something bad happens to my offspring, I can ignore all the bad stuff and choose happiness over it all.

No comments: