Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Perception

I posted an article written in the U.K. about how they perceive Trump and, of course, made my own observation which, of course, was not favorable to Trump.  One of my friends asked me where I get such lies about their president and I replied, "from watching him and listening to him on the news".  When you think about it, it's the same place that almost every Trump supporter gets their information about him.  It makes me wonder how easy it is for them to eliminate the bad stuff and only take in the good.

We all do this in one way or another, though.  Some of us put up with bad relationships, closing our eyes (and brains) to the evidence right in front of us because we don't want to believe it.  Some of us look at our criminally bent children and see only the cherubic faces of them when they were infants.  We like to see the world as we want it to be instead of how it really is.

It's no mystery why some people revere their political choices because they know in their hearts that it's them, the voters, who put the jackass in that position of power.  And so we pretend we've made the right choice.  Some do wise up but it's usually too late and it doesn't matter anyway.  The next person in power might be just as bad or worse.

Our Canadian election was over yesterday and Trudeau was voted back in but with a minority government.  I've already forgotten the promises made by him but it really doesn't matter, does it? 

No comments: