Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Just a Comment

I love Facebook even when I'm tired of reading all the political garbage but something confuses me.  I see posts from the Americans all of the time...every single day..insulting the Democrats and praising the Republicans...actually only the Republicans that praise Trump...but any time someone posts a word against Trump, his followers get all offended and pretty much tell the commenter that he or she is lying or stupid.  Their minds are absolutely closed to the fact that free speech goes both ways.

I would never insult someone who votes differently than I would because I firmly believe that is their right.  I also would never tell that person they were repeating lies or were stupid.  

We need free speech in our culture because that is the only thing that keeps the politicians half way honest.  If we blind ourselves to facts, we deserve what we get.

Enough said!

No comments: