Monday, March 30, 2020

Quarantine Day 11

I might have heard on the news (I often leave the T.V. on and don't watch it) that British Columbia might have reached it's peak with the virus.  If so, that's great news and would allow us to see light at the end of the tunnel.  It will happen sooner or later so why not sooner?

I love my apartment but the heat is kept on way too high in the winter.  I have a brand new thermostat that is supposed to let me control the temperature but it doesn't work at all and I think the wiring in this old building is the reason.  I get by with keeping windows and patio door open but it hurts my conscience that I'm wasting energy.  I met one of the elderly tenants in the lobby one day who was complaining her apartment wasn't warm enough so I don't think complaining about mine to the superintendant would have any effect.

I got a nice refund from my park in Florida which I'm frittering away with home delivery of many of my meals.  I'm very lucky to have that money as a reserve for emergencies like this.  As soon as I'm able to go outside, I plan to go for a nice long drive and get my major meal of the day at a drive-through restaurant myself, though.  Shelley has convinced me I should stay out of grocery stores for another month and that's okay with Kim and Cindy who have been buying my groceries for me.  Once my quantine is over, I can have them buy my groceries but I can drive to their homes and pick them up instead of having them delivered to my place.  Win, win both ways!

Kim has been laid off and will only work on a call in basis so she'll be the one I bother to grocery shop for me.  Cindy is still lucky enough to be working full time.  Shelley is also working full time but can work half of each day at home.  I'm old and retired so I can stay at home all day and only worry that the government might run out of money when it comes time for it to deposit my pension money in my bank account.  I doubt very much this will happen but I bet we won't get any increases for years to come.

I've continued to post flower photos on Facebook every day and it's amazing how that lifts my spirits.  It makes me feel as though there is some kind of power in our universe that provided this beauty for us to enjoy.  Not religious yet but still hopeful someone or something out there cares about us. 

No comments: