Friday, April 17, 2020

Unbelievable

There are still so many new cases of the virus every day and more deaths.  I remember reading about the plague and seeing pictures of the streets lined with corpses and thinking how horrible it must have been in those days.  Now, here we are almost reliving that tragedy.

I like to be positive and hold on to the belief that all will go back to normal but I honestly have my doubts.  If this virus doesn't go away and continues to attack and kill the weak, it could go on for years.  We desperately need a vaccine but how soon can one be discovered?  

I think this virus was one that escaped from a laboratory over in China.  There are labs all over the world, including Canada, where experiments are going on and it just makes sense that this was one that got out of hand.  I don't believe it was intentional, just a touch of negligence that has caused havoc in our world.  It was bound to happen sometime.

I came home on March 19th, was self quarantined for 2 weeks, but still am unable to do my own shopping because of the danger to my elderly and compromised immune system.  Living like this for almost a month now with many months to go will certainly have a lasting effect on our society.  We weren't meant to live in isolation.  We weren't meant to have so many families unemployed with children at home because schools are closed.  We weren't meant to live in this kind of fear every single day.  

Maybe it's just gone on too long and depression is setting in.  That's what happens when you lose hope.

No comments: