Wednesday, June 24, 2020

This and That

Everything is moving along fairly smoothly right now.  The worst thing happening is the riots and destruction going on in the States and that worries me for the safety of my daughter and her family who live there.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to take a vacation in the States right now and that's going to further devastate their economy but it's absolutely crazy down there.  Many of the politicians are protecting the people who are looting and destroying property and I can't understand it.  Why would elected officials protect criminals and allow them to destroy the property of innocent citizens?  Why would they hand over a part of the city to these lawless monsters and forbid their police force from entering and arresting them?  Who can understand this?

Anyway, it's pretty calm up here in civilization.  I'm even more thankful now that my ancestors chose to come to Canada instead of the States.

I got WIFI last week so now I can watch Netflix.  I just have to train myself to turn it off and go to bed before midnight.  The bedroom T.V. which is not a "smart" T.V. isn't working because it needs a different cable now.  Matt is getting one for me but I wonder why the Cogeco guy didn't inform us about that.  I would never have been able to figure it out on my own and no technician would have been able to explain it to me.  Thank heavens for my Matthew!

Faye is back in Burlington for a few days for doctor's appointments.  She loves living with Valerie in Windsor but wants to hang on to her condo as a getaway place when they get on each other's nerves.  It will all work out when they find a larger house to live in, one that has a separate space for Faye.  Cindy always tells me she'll never let me go into a nursing home but she doesn't understand how difficult it is to live with an old person who no longer can care for themselves.  My plan is to stay on my own for as long as I can, mainly because I enjoy my independence.  

I'm going to the dermatologist tomorrow to get a few blemishes (don't think any of them is skin cancer) from my face, neck, and hand.  They're irritants more than anything and removing them will just make me feel more comfortable about my appearance.  My wrinkles are here to stay!

I have to wear a mask and put baggies on my hands (I don't have gloves), knock on the dermatologist's door at exactly 11 A.M. and wait to be allowed in.  This all sounds over the top but it's how we've managed to keep the virus stats down in Canada.  We're getting about 200 new cases a day in Ontario but last week Florida had a day when they had 2,400 new cases.  I wouldn't set foot in the States this winter for anything.  I'm not even sure it would be safe to go down in 2022.

My family is doing fine...no-one is sick and everyone is still working.  Life is pretty calm for the time being. 

No comments: