Friday, July 24, 2020

Sick of the Negative

I'll never give in to the idiots who apparently run our world and are giving it away to other idiots but I'm going to ignore them for a while.  None of them deserve to occupy my thoughts.

I've been selling odds and ends on Marketplace and doing a really good job of getting rid of stuff (good stuff, too) that I will never need again.  I have a hard time discarding nice things but it's getting easier as I see my sweet little apartment looking roomier.

Yesterday I received a notice from a lady who wanted to buy the million yards of lace that I'd advertised on Marketplace.  It turned out she's the daughter of 2 old friends of mine who have passed away.  I invited her up to my apartment for coffee and we yakked right through the afternoon.  She's the daughter of Barb and Bob M. an such a sweetheart.  I'd met her before at our Florida park.

I never bring anyone buying my stuff up to the apartment but this was okay because I knew her.  I always meet them down in the lobby and that's worked out perfectly for me.  All the buyers have been very nice, too.

Today I listed a lovely coverlet on Marketplace and it got 34 views in about 2 hours so I'm sure it will sell.  Things that don't sell mostly get taken down to the back door of the building where we have a bench we can place things to give away.  One way or another, almost everything leaves my apartment once I've decided I don't need it any more.  Of course, it's always offered to my family first but they don't seem to want my stuff.  Speaking of the coverlet, someone just messaged me they want to see it.

Anyway, I continue to live my comfy, if not exciting, little life and I'm looking forward to seeing Mary B. and Faye B. next week.  We usually get together a little more often but this darned virus has changed that.  Thank heavens for warm weather and outdoor patios so we can at least go out to eat.  After that it will be hours of yakking and laughing at my place! 

No comments: