Thursday, August 13, 2020

Stranger Danger

 Well, I got a shock the other day.  Two of my neighbors knocked on the door to tell me someone had taken the pretty glass ornament off my apartment door and smashed it on the floor.  I asked who would do such a thing and they both pointed down the hall to the apartment of the crazy lady who, 2 years ago, had blasted me royally for having the nerve to do my laundry on a Saturday when she wanted to do hers.  Apparently this same lady is mentally disturbed (not surprised) and the police have been called when she began screaming out on her balcony.  She also spent a few months in a mental ward.  Holy crap!


My concern is that I feel physically attacked now and worry she might be getting worse and might hurt someone.  I spoke to the building superintendent and he said she can't be evicted unless she does attack someone.  I think that's ridiculous.  We're mainly seniors in this building (she's in her 50's) and an attack on us could be deadly.  I feel a whole lot less safe in my home now.


So far 2020 has been full of unpleasant surprises.



No comments: