Saturday, September 12, 2020

Almost Immobile

 It's so hard for me to believe how hard and how long this sciatic pain has been.  I'm taking a medication for it that has possible really serious side effects so the doctor has me increasing the dosage every 3 days.  Anyone who knows me knows that I detest taking medications because every single one has some kind of side effect.  But I'll continue with the protocol for the time being but I'm not getting much relief from the pain.

My next plan of action is to get medical marijuana in liquid form because Mary B. takes it and she is now pain free.  It worries me that it won't work for everyone and it might not work for me.  Aleve has been the best to dull the pain but it's dangerous to take it for more than 10 days at a time.  I try to take it only when I'm going out such as yesterday when I went grocery shopping.  I could manage as long as I moved slowly and didn't twist my body too much.  Putting groceries in the car was the worst part because it required me to pull grocery bags out of the cart and turn to settle them in the car.  I couldn't wait to get home.

Funny how all of this started on the day of my 80th birthday.  It was like nature telling me I've been here too long with very little pain of any kind so it was time to hurry up the process of making me completely falling apart.

There's nothing I can do about this except follow the doctor's orders and try the CBD (nothing in it to cause a high).  If that doesn't work I'll do my research and find something else to try.  The pain has changed my life completely in that my walking prohibits me from going places freely.  I don't want to live this way so I have to find a solution.

My precious Matt, who hates the idea of marijuana and doesn't use it, is okay with me using medical marijuana so he's doing lots of research and checking the dispensaries to make sure what I use will be safe for me.  I love my boy!

I think this blog could be quite important for people suffering chronic pain because I'll post my journey and share as much information as I can.  The world is filled with people who deal with chronic pain every day of their lives, young and old, and marijuana has been villainized (not sure if this is a word but it fits what I'm saying) for many years until recently when the powers that be had to admit there were healing properties in it.

Another thing I would suggest for anyone with chronic pain is to check youtube to see actual results from others who found relief using CBD.  My only personal experience with it is that my friend, Mary B. had excellent results but my friend, Donna T., got no relief at all.  And so I'll have to find out for myself .

No comments: