Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Pain Gone??

 Two days ago I decided to go off the prescription medication for many reasons.  The potential side effects worried me too much and I hate taking drugs in the first place.  I was still in some pain, about half what it was at it's worse, knew I couldn't take Aleve forever but also knew I'd rather take the safer Tylenol to control the pain.

Yesterday, I was almost back to normal with almost no pain but that's the way sciatica works.  It hits you like a hammer and then the nerve settles down for a while.  I just hope that when it does come back it doesn't last 1 1/2 months like this last time.  Anyway, maybe it was the accumulation of the prescription drug that kicked in but maybe it is just the nerve resting for a while.  In the meantime, I'm going to stick to taking a Tylenol if and when it becomes irritated again.  

Matt is taking me to a marijuana dispensary on Saturday and I still plan to go and find out what they have for pain.  Mary told me the name of her CBD oil that works wonders for her and, if I was still in pain, I'd be buying and trying some.  But as long as I can control the pain with Tylenol, that's what I'll do.  If things get worse, I'll know where to go and what to buy for relief.

I've never feared marijuana other than worrying about the young people who use it (not the CBD) constantly.  That has to affect your brain function in the long run.  CBD oil has none of the euphoric properties in it so you don't get high, just relief from pain or medical discomfort.  It's an alternative I'd much rather turn to than prescription drugs with known side effects.

My family doctor is dead against it but Mary's doctor is quite happy she's using it.  Her pharmacist told her it's a wonder drug and I believe that if it's used sensibly.  Prescription drug manufacturers sure don't want us turning away from their unsafe drugs to using marijuana.  Can you imagine how much their profits will suffer?

Life is ever changing, some will be good and some not so good but we have a choice.  Let life defeat us or go on with our lives looking at the bright side.  I love the sunshine.

  

No comments: