Friday, September 18, 2020

Stupid Me

 Last week I made a horrible mistake by not researching a company before making an on-line purchase from them.  I'd been having horrible on-going pain from sciatica and was thinking I needed to try CBD oil.  I happened to see an ad on Facebook saying that Mike Holmes (the builder) had a cannabis farm in western Canada and thought foolishly that, since he's a reputable person, I should place an order with him.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a scam that Mike Holmes was never part of...he doesn't even own a cannabis farm in western Canada or anywhere else.


I discovered my mistake in ordering and being scammed within 10 minutes of giving these people my credit card number.  On-line comments I found said that people had been fooled just like I had been and were experiencing on-going charges for things they never ordered...one lady found she'd been charged $500 by this company without her consent.

And so I contacted Visa's fraud department and the $7.11 the scammers had charged me was removed from my account (they always start out small before placing large charges on your credit card) and I was to receive a new credit card with a different number so I wouldn't be scammed again.  Well, I got my new card and checked it on-line only to find these scammers had managed to insert another charge of $7.18 onto my card just before it was cancelled.  Visa's fraud department is looking into it but I'm sure my piddly loss of $7 won't be high on their prioity list to do much checking.

Warning...never buy on-line without doing your own unbiased research into a company.  Never order from Canabury Farms from western Canada...they actually exist under 2 other names and are located in the Toronto area.  Contact your credit card company immediately if you suspect you've been defrauded.  Oh, yes, I saw a similar ad on Facebook which depicted Brian Baumer (the builder) as owning a cannabis farm in Canada.  SCAM! 

No comments: