Saturday, September 19, 2020

Changed My Mind

 Since I'm almost back to normal, at least normal for your average 80 year old, I decided to settle for Tylenol for any residual sciatic pain and forego the CBD oil until another flare up.  I'm thankful the option is there but I don't need it right now so I'll take the safer route.

I've been watching an absolutely fascinating series on Netflix called "The Blacklist" which is 7 seasons long so I'll be watching it for months.  I usually shy away from anything to do with blood, gore, and killing but this show has got me hooked.  It's filled with political intrigue and the twists and turns just keep coming before being resolved and then we're on to the next thriller.  I don't know what I did before getting Netflix because there is so little on regular T.V. worth watching.

You can tell it's fall now.  The air is a little cooler and the heat is on in my building.  When I was much younger I hated the onset of the winter months but when I started to spend my winters in Florida that all changed.  I'm going to miss Florida this year for sure but I don't think it will bother me too much staying home...it's the constant grey days here and not the cold that gets to me, though.

Covid is still a concern and the Canada/U.S. border is still closed until some time in October.  Everyone is worried that our infection rate will skyrocket once the border opens because the U.S. has never gotten the virus under any kind of control in most of the states.  We were doing great in Canada until the university students went back to school and ignored the 6' distancing rule.  They've infected each other more than people in the general population, though.  I'm still worried about the young children going back to school and also the teachers.  I'll continue wearing a mask when I go out until the virus has been eradicated or a good vaccine becomes available.

Well, today is a bit cool but sunny and I'll be getting my eyes tested later this afternoon.  I know I'll need a much stronger prescription and possibly bifocals but that's no big deal.  I haven't had new glasses in about 4 years so it will be nice to get something new and pretty.

Life is a journey so choose your path wisely and know yourself.

No comments: