Sunday, September 20, 2020

Eye Test

 Yesterday morning Matt and Jackie dropped in for a short visit and Matt brought me a Tim's coffee...he usually does this, bless him.  My sciatica is still calmed down so I didn't need him to take me to a dispensary but I know he will if and when needed.  

Later in the afternoon I drove up to Kim's and she went with me to Costco so I could have my eye test.  I knew I had to have my prescription strengthened but it turned out that it wasn't by very much.  A senior's worry when having their eyes tested is that they might be found to have glaucoma, cataracts, or macular degeneration.  Mine were clear of everything except a trace of cataracts which showed up as a trace many years ago and haven't progressed much so I don't need them removed.  I consider myself to be very lucky.  I also picked out a cute new frame...I haven't had new glasses in 4 years so I'm sure due for a change.

I spent the evening watching "The Blacklist" on Netflix and went to bed kind of early.  It was a nice day overall and I get my spiffy new glasses in 2 weeks.


No comments: