Friday, January 01, 2021

I Have Stuff

 For years I yard saled, went to auctions, and learned about the value of a lot of things or at least how to research about them.  I thoroughly enjoyed finding little treasures that I, in turn, sold on Ebay or at my flea market table.  It was mostly fun because I didn't need the money to survive but was more of a hobby.  My skills with choosing sort of valuable items grew over the years.

I finally gave up both Ebay and the flea market and did donate lots of stuff to the venders at the flea market but I kept a few things I had fallen in love with, mostly jewelry that I didn't wear but wasn't ready to give away.  I started selling a few things on Marketplace last summer and I guess the selling bug got me again because I've gone on to sell quite a few items, mostly clearing out things I'll never need again.

Being stuck at home most of time now and really enjoying doing research on the computer, I dragged out a few items I'd stashed away and almost forgotten about and decided to sell them on Marketplace.  What has surprised me is that a lot of these things are fairly valuable but I'd never done research on them before, just put aside until I felt like doing something with them.

I found a gorgeous vintage Coro necklace that is worth far more than the $100 I listed it for on Marketplace and I also found a gorgeous vintage copper necklace and earrings that I'll list for the same amount.  This is so much fun for me.  If they don't sell, I'll save them and list them later on.

One of my problems is that I only have cheap magnifying glasses and can't see the markings on anything if they're small enough so I ordered a better magnifying glass from Amazon.  I have lots of fun researching the items I want to sell and having to buy a new magnifying glass is a sensible addition to my hobby.

I'm thinking my yard sale days are not completely over but I'll have to wait until the summer and a Covid vaccine before I can start doing that again.  It will be fun!

    

No comments: