Sunday, January 14, 2007

Doing it on my Own

I spent hours yesterday trying to get some yard work done. One of my projects was to dig up a half dead palm tree/bush of some sort. My trailer is situated on a busy corner right across the road from the clubhouse so I get lots of stop and talkers. I'd manage to do about 2 minutes work and then someone would stop by. By the time they left I'd have to go to the bathroom. The talking and pit stops took up so much of my time that an hour chore took up the whole morning.

What I accomplished in 4 hours: 1. pulled out 2 Mexican Heathers (shallow roots in sand). 2. planted 2 small Blue Daze in the same hole. 3. pulled out 1 little plant (name unknown) and replanted it. 4. removed concrete half circles from unwanted planted sections. 5. half removed the half dead palm tree/bush.

Where were all those stop and talkers when I couldn't get the palm tree root out?

No comments: