Sunday, February 04, 2007

Coca Cola Swap Meet

I went to a Coca Cola swap meet over the weekend and learned quite a bit about Coke collectors and collections. As I walked through the exhibits I asked many questions and found "Coke Heads" to be very friendly and more than willing to share their knowledge with me. I knew absolutely nothing about collecting Coke memorabilia so I was like a sponge receiving information and attempting to remember all I'd learned.

Collectors of anything are a special breed. They love their product of choice and strive to learn more with every passing year. I bought 2 Coke catalogues at the silent auction...probably paid too much but, really, catalogues are invaluable to people like me who buy at yard sales and sell on Ebay.

I'll never be a Coke collector but I hope to find some little treasures on my yard sale jaunts and resell them to the real collectors!

What matters most about this past weekend is that I had fun, met some interesting people, and learned something new. Sure beats vegetating in front of the T.V.

No comments: