Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Family Problems

With all the family problems we're dealing with lately, I've taken to daydreaming about what my life would have been like if I never had children. The big problem with having children is that you never, NEVER stop worrying about them. How nice it would be to have no-one to worry about but yourself.

Firstly, I would not have married so young and might have been smart enough to obtain a decent education before selecting an interesting career. Then I would have had numerous, exciting affairs before settling down with the perfect man. I'd have a gorgeous house that never got mussed and go on very expensive vacations which I could afford. Of course, I'd never gain any weight.

If this sounds like a romance novel (which I hate and don't read) it's because there's nothing real about that picture. Life is never that easy. We have to take the good with the bad and I wouldn't give up my troublesome family for anything on earth. That doesn't stop me from wishing all of our lives were trouble free, though.

When my granddaughter, Lisette, was about 4 years old, she used to make us laugh when she'd step in front of everyone, hold up her hand, and yell "STOP!". She needed to stop all the confusion going on around her and get us organized. Right now I want to stand in front of my family and yell "STOP! Let's all get healthy, wealthy, and wise.". Do you suppose that would work?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm in!

Shelley said...

Now she just shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders. The past 12 years have shown her how futile it is to try and organize her family, especially the Cuban side!!!
Healthy, wealthy and wise. Perfect choices!
Love ya!