Sunday, February 11, 2007

Guardian Angels

Despite being a confused agnostic, I still believe I have a guardian angel. It's a man (or manlike) and his name is Michael. Don't ask me how I know this but it's been a fact of my life for many, many years. Since I'm not bible literate I'm free to form my own assumptions about life and death using logic...or sometimes just intuition. I have my own beliefs.

It seems as though I've always had a spirit figure beside me but only since about 15 years ago has he become clearer to me. It's strange but I just realized that happened when I was finally cured of depression.

Throughout my childhood and into my teen years I possessed a strong ESP but, around the time I met my husband, it disappeared. Now isn't that interesting!! I was diagnosed with depression in my early 40's and began 16 years of medication and counseling. I was finally able to stop taking all treatment and it felt as though my life was beginning all over again. That's when "Michael" returned.

Having a guardian angel doesn't mean you're aware of them all the time. My guardian angel only makes his presence known when I'm distressed. It's then I realize that I don't have to bear my personal burden alone.

It's possible I only have a vivid imagination but, if it works, why not just go along with it. There have been so many instances in my life that my ESP (or intuition) has saved my life so there's no way I'll ignore it. We've been given the gift of 5 senses but I believe intuition is a sixth sense that we don't give enough credit.

I know when my daughters read this blog they're going to start searching for a nice nursing home for me...preferably with restraints...but I hope they're open minded enough to realize there's more to life than what our 5 senses tell us.

3 comments:

Kim said...

First Daughter
I do not think your are nuts. Do I profess to understand? No. The accountant type in me sees things in 'black & white'. I have a hard time believing in what I can not see. I do envy the strength people find in their beliefs.

Shelley said...

Third Daughter
I think we're all nuts but it has nothing to do with believing in guardian angels! :-)
What a wonderful sense of peace Michael must give you!
Listening to your heart and your intuition is the most sensible thing anyone can do. There's no measuring it most times but it has yet to steer me wrong!

patsyrose said...

Wow, this came up on my screen today (12 years later) but I had never read it before. Interesting to see how my daughters are true to form...the logical one and then the spiritual one. I still do trust my instincts no matter where they come from because we have them for a reason.