Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love

I get my ideas for a blog from just about anywhere. Today I read my nieces's blog about how the love between her and her husband has changed over the past 10 years.

When I met my husband we were only 15 and 18 years old and I immediately fell deeply in love (remember Romeo and Juliet?). Don't ever believe a teenager can't fall in love...real love. Of course we were young, pretty, and full of life so it was easy to like each other.

After years of marriage and three children, I'd still melt when I looked at him (when I wasn't mad at him for something). Even when we aged and the bodies suffered from time, he could still make my heart flip-flop. It never was the body that attracted me, it was his eyes and his strength.

Unfortunately, we had differences that we could never overcome...but I still remember those eyes.

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

i'm glad you fell in love. otherwise i wouldn't be visiting you in florida!