Thursday, March 01, 2007

Not So Good Day

Sometimes the roads through life are treacherous. You step where you've stepped with confidence many times before but now the path is like quicksand...you don't know where to step safely. This was my day today. Tomorrow I'll recoup and decide where it's safest to make my way.

Many years ago I wrote articles that I refer to as "truisms" and that means I'd received a bolt of reality that rocked me. It's not necessarily a bad thing to be jolted by reality but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

I tend to live in a little world which is made up of what I prefer my reality to be. I can carry on happily in this cocoon for quite a while but there always comes a day when the real world pushes it's way inside. I was sadly disappointed today but it wasn't earth shattering...just a reminding jolt...and I'll feel better tomorrow, but a bit more wary.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Sorry you had a "Yucky Thursday" too! I'm sending you a hug! Lisette got her card from you yesterday - she sends her thanks and her love too!
Love ya!
Shelley