Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Hate April Showers

Remember the cute saying "April showers bring May flowers"? Well, I'm fed up with grey skies, rain, and cold. I've been around for 66 Aprils and they're almost always the same but I never give up hope that one April will turn out to be exactly like May and we'll get a jump on summer. Foolish me.

Every fall I plan my garden for the next year. There are always improvements that can be made with choice of color, flower, or placement so it never becomes repetitious. I seem to buy and plant from spring through summer because I always believe I can fit just one more plant in the garden. Then there are the placement mistakes that need to be replanted elsewhere. I know I can't plant in April and have never been able to plant in April but it's so darned stark outside. There are a few daffodils, hyacynths, and crocuses popped up here and there but it just isn't enough.

3 weeks til planting time...how will I get through it?

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

we are finally getting some sun. but it 's damn cold. the wind is coming off the blomidon mountains and they still are snow covered. but i do have crocus and primroses and tulips on the way..........