Tuesday, April 24, 2007

When Things Go Wrong

Sometimes there is a neat order to catastrophes. I happen to have a few spots of excema on my face that my dermatologist hasn't been able to clear up to my satisfaction even after years of going to him. This past winter my sister-in-law gave me one of her prescription creams to try and it worked beautifully so I made an appointment with my family doctor to obtain my own prescription.

Yesterday I dropped a showcase lid on my nose which cut it badly enough that it bled quite a bit but didn't break it. When I went to my doctor about the excema cream later in the day his nurse saw my nose and insisted on giving me a tetanus shot. Apparently you should keep your tetanus shots updated and I haven't had one for ages.

Then I showed the doctor my sister-in-law's cream that I wanted a prescription of and she told me that cream should never be used on the face (my sister-in-law uses it on her leg). She then made an appointment for me with a new dermatologist.

What I learned today...don't use other people's prescription medicine!...keep your tetanus shots updated!...see your family doctor regularly so they know what you've been up to!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Good girl. Hope you learned your lessons well.

Shelley said...

I want to know why you can't use it on your face???? :-)