Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dogs in the House

I can't believe how much I've enjoyed having my daughter's Jack Russells in the house. I'd forgotten how tuned into you your dog becomes, watching your every move and following you from room to room. I've chattered away to them since they got here and don't know who I'll chatter to when they leave today for their own home.

It's been raining and these dogs don't know enough to steer clear of my garden so I worried they'd track dirt and mud into the house but they stop dutifully when they come in and let me wipe their feet. So cute!

Last night I thought of closing them into the bathroom because I wasn't sure they'd hold their piddle but, because they stay so close to me, decided to have them just sleep on the floor in my bedroom. Baker chose to sleep under the bed and Bailey slept beside the bed with her head under it. So darned cute!

Baker has also settled in and isn't quite as nervous as she was at first. Her little ears have become unclamped from her head, thank heavens. I hate to see a frightened dog or animal of any kind.

Pets are a gift to human beings and good pet owners know how lucky they are to have found their special companion. It's not possible to clearly explain how precious these little creatures are and how much they contribute to our lives. A home without a pet is less of a home.

When little Bailey and Baker leave me today they'll take some of the warmth out of my house. I'll be looking forward to seeing them again real soon!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you very much for baby sitting your 'grand dogs'. I really appreciated it.
Thank you.
xoxoxoxoxo