Saturday, May 26, 2007

Still Under the Weather

Well, that good feeling this morning didn't last and now I really feel as though I have the flu. It has apparently hit 2 of the men working in the basement, too, so we must have all caught the same bug. This too shall pass!

I'm babysitting my daughter's 2 little ones tonight. They're cute little Jack Russell terriers but old enough to have lost most of the friskiness that comes with the breed. The nice thing about dogsitting is that they'll nap right along with you if you're not feeling well.

The dogs have vastly different personalities. Bailey is the oldest and most dominant. Nothing much scares her and she's curious as all get out about the men working in the basement.

Baker is very timid. She's given up barking every time she hears the men go in and out of the back door but she still seems to cringe a lot. Even when I reach for her, which breaks my heart. She follows bravely behind Bailey when she goes to investigate anything but never leads the investigation.

My dog, Corky, was timid, too, and didn't like you to stare directly into his eyes. I guess that's an intimidation gesture. That doesn't bother Bailey and Baker, though...they'll come right up to you if they see you looking at them.

It's nice having dogs in the house again. They're a good excuse if you find you're talking to yourself. Just add on to the end of the sentence, "Isn't that right, Bailey?".

No comments: