Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Baby is 49!

Forty-nine years and 1 day ago I gave birth to my first daughter. I was only 17 myself so this little girl had a rough road ahead of her with both of us growing up at the same time.

Kim has always been a pleasure. She was a good little girl, smart, funny, and a talented artist (she got that last part from her father). Any problems we had was because I was an immature mother learning as I went.

She got married at 22 and gave me my first grandchild 4 years later. I don't think anything on this earth had ever made me happier than to have that precious little bundle handed to me. I had matured.

Kim isn't happy that she's reached the ripe old age of 49 and that 50 is laughing in her face but I hope she learns, as I did, that age really and truly is a state of mind. If you're on the far side of 50 and still having fun then you've got it made. You've got all the wisdom of your years and, if you actually were able to go back to your youth, you would probably choose not to.

Youth is just too hard to deal with. Believe me, you need all that strength and stupidity to get through it.

Anyway, chin up Kim. You look great, you're smart, funny, and you've got all of us!

No comments: