Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trouble Publishing

I've been pretty gutsy lately...publishing some of my stories for all the world to see and criticize. But, guess what happened? The last one won't publish. I've tried everything and it just won't go in. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something...like quit trying to publish garbage.

Being technically challenged, I've decided to let it sit for a while and maybe settle into the system so that sooner or later it will find it's way in cyber space to it's rightful place on my blog.

I often have to phone AOL for help with an internet problem and it's kind of cute the way those people are able to bring themselves down to my very low level of understanding. I admire their patience. Usually I don't even know how to phrase the problem I'm having so they also have to be decoders. Some of them even get a bit excited when the light goes on and they understand what I'm trying to tell them. It often takes quite a while and must be very frustrating for them but they never lose patience with me. At least not that I can tell!

I've found that getting older has a few unsuspected advantages. Well mannered people are kinder to you and really do have more patience with you. A few days ago I was following a young man through a door and he almost failed to hold it open for me but his manners kicked in at the last moment when he realized it was an old gal behind him. I saw conditioning fighting with impatience on his face but the conditioning won out.

Let's face it, we do need more help doing things as we get older. Our strength isn't what it used to be and most of us have no idea how things work. Just remember, everyone ages and one day that young man who held the door for me will be an old geezer with a walker. I hope someone holds the door for him, too.

No comments: