Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ads

It tickles my funny bone to see some of the ads that appear on my site. One I've seen occasionally is "Make Him Fall In Love". Does anyone in their right mind think there's a way to force someone to fall in love with you? You might be able to make them fall in lust but love is totally different. It happens of it's own accord for some unknown reason or it doesn't happen at all.

Remember the silly adds that promised you that you could increase your bust size by applying the advertiser's very expensive cream? I wonder how much money was made from that ad. Then there are the T.V. ads we see often where the product is promoted to the stars but, at the end, the warnings of severe side effects make me think I'm watching a comedy skit. But they're serious!

It's interesting to look at advertising and try to determine what the advertiser is doing to attract us. Sex is a big motivator but ads often promise us "happiness" in our lives if we buy their product. Couldn't we be happy without buying their product?

Believe it or not, some ads are designed to irritate us because all they want to do is get our attention. Remember the ad telling us to "appy it directly to the forehead"? I bet you do!

There's one ad on T.V. right now that I'm so disgusted with that I'm thinking of sending a nasty letter to the company. It's for a cat food and shows a man who thinks he's a cat using a litter box. The only thing that stops me from writing them is that they'll know their damned ad got my attention.

There is such a huge market for interesting and creative ads that I wonder why we don't see more good ones. Apparently they have contests every year to award the best ads from around the world and I've seen these shows on T.V. The ads are wonderful.

Anyway, about the ad promising to make him/her love you. It won't work!





No comments: