Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Princess Diana

Princess Diana's sons have been trying to keep the photos of her fatal accident from being made public. It's a shame but those photos will draw a large audience and bring big bucks to the people selling them.

My personal morals are at odds with my natural curiosity to see the photos and it's making me feel terribly guilty for even considering it. Why are we like this?

There's something so helpless about a dead body and it just seems wrong to put it on display...in photos or even at a funeral. It's been many years since I've been to a funeral where it was open casket so most people must feel the same way I do about it.

I believe that the interest surrounding Diana's final pictures might be because she was such a phenomenal public figure. Whenever old film footage of her comes on T.V. I watch the whole thing, regretting she had so little time to do the good things she was known for. She shone as a celebrity...something that is pretty rare these days because so many of them appear to be quite worthless. Paris Hilton!

I'm going to have to have a good long talk with myself and resist the urge to gawk at those pictures of Diana. She deserves our respect.

No comments: