Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Home in Florida

Well, here I am back to my Florida trailer life and happy as pig in s___t! I had to have a few blood tests and a catscan to declare me safe to travel and all was just fine. I've got a few extra white blood cells that shouldn't be there but my doctors assured me it would be years before they gave me any trouble.

I arrived at the trailer early Sunday morning and settled right in. Friends stopped by for hugs and I even got over to the pool in the afternoon. The park looks lovely even though few people are here yet. Many wait until after Xmas to head south.

On Monday I went out to the shed to get my gardening tools and found the lock rusted shut. It was so frustrating because all I could use for trimming back wild shrubs and foliage were my kitchen scissors. Every man that ventured by was dragged over to try their luck at opening the darn lock but only one was successful. Cliff removed the whole double handle and took it home to saw off the lock. Then he came back and reassembled the whole thing. In this park we never have to search too hard for help when we need it.

Tuesday I did my planting and then spent the afternoon at the pool. Life is too short to waste it working when you have the opportunity to take your time. Tuesday evening was game night at the clubhouse but there were only 4 of us ladies playing Farkle and Rummicubes. The rest of our bunch will arrive before the new year.

Today I did laundry and then went over to the clubhouse to peal potatoes and cut up bread for stuffing. The men always work in the kitchen cutting up turkey for our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. The ladies peal the veggies but there was one man who joined us. It seems more like home when a group of people volunteer to prepare the feast. And that's one of the reasons why this place feels so much like a home away from home.

After lunch I'll be off to the pool again but right now I'm going to list a few things on Ebay if I can still remember how to do it.

Life is good!

1 comment:

bluebird of paradise said...

hi pat
i am so glad you are back where you belong! stay healthy. put some carrots and juce in the fridge and eat healthy till i get there.
just got back from driving 'daisy-faye " to port aux basques. we had a short but lovely visit. talked about florida and how we both want to go asap.
hello to all your friends that i know.........