Monday, February 25, 2008

Models in the Making

We're having a fashion show next month in our park and I'm one of the 7 models. The other 6 are my age and we're all varying sizes. The posters for the show have stylized pictures of young, slim girls in fancy dress so I'm worried that we'll be nailed for false advertising.

The other discrepancy is that not one of us will be wearing a dress. It's going to be clam diggers, casual pants, or shorts because that's the way we dress in our senior park.

I'm not nervous yet but the day of the show will find me barely able to function. We have to walk up the aisle, up the steps to the stage, do a little twirl and return to our fancy dressing area in the ladies bathroom.

Why am I putting myself through this nonsense? For a 25% discount on an outfit from the store we're featuring. This isn't so bad because I love to shop at this particular store. They have really nice, good quality clothing at fair prices and they're neither old lady clothes or teenager clothes.

Modeling is a brand new experience for me so it will be interesting to see if I have the nerve to follow through with the day.

No comments: