Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Was Just Thinking

I watched a bit of "Dancing With The Stars" and a thought came to mind. Since we're in this modern new age of just about full acceptance of gay rights...they can kiss in public, get married, and adopt babies, then why don't we see gay people dancing together on "Dancing With The Stars"??

The picture in my mind isn't a pretty one but then I've been conditioned by too many years of believing that being gay was being queer. I really have attempted to talk myself out of that opinion because I've grown to know a few gay people that I like very much. I don't think I'll ever truly understand it but I can completely accept that they have every right to exist in peace with the rest of us.

There's a movie called "Brokeback Mountain" that deals with macho guys who discover they love each other and apparently have a relationship (I haven't seen the movie because, honestly, it creeps me out).

I can't change my early conditioning which colored every aspect of my personality and beliefs but I can rationalize clearly enough to see through more unbiased eyes. Love is a beautiful thing and one should take it where one finds it.

Still, the idea of two men dipping and clenching on the dance floor just seems weird.

4 comments:

Kim said...

no comment

Kim said...

Just this morning (Mar20) I heard that there is a rumour that two of the women on that show are lesbians. Don't know the show, but you are psychic!

bluebird of paradise said...

how can i resist.... being the liberal lefty i am.
you need to see Brokeback Mountain. it is one of the best ever films.....

patsyrose said...

Hey Kim...right after I wrote about no men dancing together on "Dancing With the Stars" 2 men did dance together. They are apparently heterosexual but, still, isn't my timing incredible??

And to my lovely liberal, lefty, sister-in-law, Marilee...please note that I do acknowledge that everyone deserves to live in peace loving whomever they wish. I really do fight my early conditioned prejudices on a daily basis.