Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm Back Again

I arrived home from my winter in Florida on Monday evening and, boy, do I have some stories to tell about the trip back. All in good time, though, because I've had a rough day today and am just too tired to do them justice.

I had thought for quite a while that I should get the bundle service offered by my local cable company and took the plunge today...I'm on a wickedly fast internet now and absolutely loving it. My telephone service will be turned over to cable at the end of the month, too.

Now for a bit of a problem. I think I wrote a few months back about spilling nail polish remover on my camera and dock. In a panic I bid on the identical camera and dock on Ebay and won it. At about the time I won the bid my original dock becan working again so now I have 2 identical cameras and docks. In my wisdom it seemed a good idea to leave one set in Florida and bring one set home. Well, sometimes things are not what they seem and I discovered that dock #2, which I brought home, does not have the adapter for plugging it into the wall...and they are no longer available. Crap!

My sweet young lady neighbors from across the road dropped in while I was trying to figure out what to do and between us we decided I should just buy a battery charger for the camera. This isn't as easy as using the dock as battery charger and for transferring pictures to the computer but it will work. Anna and I went off to Walmart and found the proper battery charger so I'll find out in an hour or so if I can still transfer pictures from the camera to my Kodak program on the computer. I hate having to learn how to do things a different way!

Oh yes, I went to the dentist today and I need a root canal.

See, things really can always get worse but we just have to persevere. It's either that or crawl under a blanket and not come out. Myself, I'll get through the rough stuff one way or another.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you're home. You are one rough, tough woman. I'm glad I have your genes.