Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Senior Fashion Show...Success!!

Our fashion show was held this afternoon and it looked as though about 70 people attended. Because I knew almost all of them I wasn't very nervous at all about parading in front of them.

We models (all 6 of us) crowded into a back room by the stage and put on our first outfits. Believe me, there was a lot of flesh flying around that room! The 2 ladies from Bonworth were very organized and managed to organize us as well. I was the 5th lady to walk out in front of the crowd and they were just great...very appreciative and complimenting of our choices of clothes. I walked down the aisles and stopped occasionally to allow the ladies to feel the fabric or rave about the outfit.

The crowd was so nice. They seemed to love the clothes and I know they were pleasantly surprised at the low prices. I hope they'll shop at the store which put on the fashion show because those ladies worked awfully hard to make this a wonderful event.

At the end of the show we models were all brought out together to receive our applause but there was one more surprise for the audience. 2 more models who didn't happen to be wearing Bonworth clothes were brought out on stage. Henry and Ron, dressed and made up as tarty women, came out and stole the show. Henry sashayed down the aisles and one of the irreverent men popped Henry's balloon boob with a pin. We all laughed at that and then Ron, dressed in a fringy short dress and net stockings, also sashayed into the audience. He was chewing gum and kept a nonchalant look on his face the whole time. We all roared to watch him hugging the men in the audience. What a clown!

The Bonworth manager asked if Ron's wife was in the audience and we said that, yes, she was and the manager jokingly said she felt sorry for her. Gerry replied, "I hear that a lot". Ron is the funniest man in our park and has created more laughter here than anyone else. He really is a fine gentleman, though.

Light refreshments of iced tea and cookies were provided and we all agreed that the fashion show had been a major success. God, I love these people! They make life so darned interesting and fun.

We left the clubhouse at about 2:30 P.M. and headed over to the pool. Some to swim but some to just sit and gab. We played Bingo in the evening and then called it a day. The end of another wonderful day in paradise.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Please tell Ron I wish I had been there to see the show. I bet it was too funny!
I knew you would love it.

patsyrose said...

If I can ever figure out how to post pictures again I'll put his on. He was fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

bluebird of paradise said...

all you need to do is down load your photos on "picasa" by google. then you can just press bog and wait till the picture shows up on your blog. then you write your blog. that's how i do it. i know there is a simpler way but i haven't figured it out..