Monday, March 10, 2008

Senior Models

This morning 7 of us senior ladies piled into a friend's van and drove out to a Bonworth store in Winterhaven. Bonworth is the store putting on the fashion show at our clubhouse and it happens to be one of my favorite hunting grounds.

We walked into the store at 10:00 A.M. and were greeted by the manager who told us to pick out 3 outfits each to wear in the show. We all had such a great time critiquing each other's choices and the manager was also there to advise us on what would look best. She didn't influence our choice of outfit but was tactful about sizes and color combinations.

My most comfortable clothes are a combination of pants or clam diggers, shell, and shirt so that's what I chose. I selected one outfit in a soft yellow with a print shirt which I probably won't buy because that's not my color but I liked it anyway. One of my shirts is a large red flower print on a white background and I think I'll buy it because it's wild enough to suit me without overwhelming me.

We tried on clothes for 1 1/2 hours before all of us had our 3 outfits. That might be the most fun we'll have with this event because now we have to actually model them in front of people. But not till Wednesday.

I'm hoping our audience will be only women because they can appreciate the show. The men will only be there because their wives made them go or else they want to have a little fun by teasing us. I'll be nervous enough as it is and being teased as I traipse myself up to the stage could cause a misstep. I'm probably worrying for nothing because the people here are the salt of the earth and I'm sure no-one would do anything to mar the day.

In any case, it's been fun so far and maybe the show itself will be more fun than I'm expecting. We'll see.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Work it baby, work it!!!!! Have fun.