Thursday, March 06, 2008

Too Busy To Blog

I've just been too busy to blog this past week or so. Being a senior with no job and little money doesn't stop me from running the roads and partying with the best of them.

My calendar for March is so darned full that I'm afraid there will be days that will be double booked and I'll have to choose between a few good events. In some ways it's like being a carefree teenager again...no-one to tell me I can't go and no job to drag me out first thing in the morning. I like this.

All of this will change once I get back home in mid April so that's when I get the chance to rest up. By October I'll be gearing up to come back to Florida and the hectic, fun filled lifestyle once more. One day that will stop, too, so I need to enjoy every day and every event that I can while I can.

2 carloads of us went out to the liquidator in Lakeland today, bought a few items, and then went to Crispers for lunch. We had our usual good time and then we all took a little walk around Mirror Lake. Why they call this a lake is a mystery to me...it's a pond. The park is lovely, though, and made all the more interesting by the placement of lifelike sculptures of people enjoying the park. Some are playing ball, fishing, reading, sweeping, running, etc. The detail in these sculptures is absolutely amazing.

We headed back to our park and got ready for hamburger supper at the clubhouse. Sheila and I left when the entertainment started up because some fool had hired a disc jockey to play dance music. We just wanted to hear some music and then maybe play cards for a while. Not tonight, though. We came back to my place and had coffee with liqueur and listened to the torrential rain that passed over us. My nice new wall is still holding up beautifully against heavy rain thanks to Mickey.

Tonight is one of the few nights I spend home in the winter so I'm going to watch a little T.V. when I finish this blog. Life is good.

No comments: