Monday, April 21, 2008

One Thing Accomplished

Some older people do crossword puzzles or Sudoku to keep their brains active. Me, I play on the computer. I swear that this computer, with all the problems I encounter on it, is responsible for keeping my poor old brain more active than it should be.

I had been able to get pictures transferred from my camera to the computer but wasn't able to save them. A little notice would keep coming up that a problem had been incurred during the process. I decided to try downloading the program from the Kodak website once more just to see if that would work and damned if it didn't! The program is slightly different from what I'm used to but at least it works now.

Then I decided to see if I could find the whole dock with the adapter available on Ebay and damned if it wasn't! There were a few and I lost the bid on the first one I tried for because I was too cheap to bid high enough. Now I've bid on another one and will find out on Thursday if I got it. Using the dock is so much more efficient but I can get by without one if I have to.

I used to get terribly frustrated while trying to learn things on the computer but I seem to have come to terms with it. Either I'll master the problem myself or one of my buddies will help me with it. It's never the end of the world and sooner or later the sun will shine again. I do know that I'd miss it something awful if it wasn't there.

Now for something cute. I had coffee with my sister yesterday and she told me the cutest story. She does day care in her home and had one of her older children just for the day last week. Josiah is 5 years old and graduated from day care when he started school in September. I don't know why Sharon had him for the day...maybe it was another PD day which allows teachers to learn what they had plenty of damn time in the summer to learn.

Sharon cares for 2 other little ones, aged 17 months and 3 years, so she took all 3 children out to play in the backyard. She filled 3 sippy cups with juice and handed them to the children. Josiah, 5 going on 50, looked at the sippy cup with disdain and said, "A sippy cup!!! You've got to be kidding!!". Isn't it sweet how children know what is age appropriate?

Just a thought, though...I happen to have a friend named Gail who uses a huge sippy cup for her "golden sunshine" (vodka and orange juice).

No comments: