Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Selling Spells

It is fascinating what you can find on the internet. I follow all kinds of links and sometimes end up finding things which shock or delight me. I just followed a few links to discover that there is a website for witches to auction off their spells. It isn't Ebay but seems to run on the same premise.

I read one listing that was for a spell to promote love and desire in your life from the victim or person of your choice. It costs $19.99 and offers no guarantees. The grammar in the listing is atrocious and the word content becomes increasingly large and colorful as it goes on...an advertising ploy we often see on disreputable ads. This listing happened to actually have a bid. It got me wondering about how it's possible for anyone to take your money and offer to send a thought your way in return. The gullible can't always be protected but this website is surely preying on them.

So I thought...if anyone reading this blog would like me to think good thoughts or bad thoughts about someone in your life, just send me $19.99 and it will be done!

Now isn't that pathetic?

2 comments:

Kim said...

probably not as illegal as copyright infringement!

patsyrose said...

As Pierre Trudeau once said, "Fuddle Duddle"...or something to that effect.