Friday, August 15, 2008

Good Grandsons, Good Family

I'm always harping on the absolute necessity of building strong family ties because that's what life is all about. In one of my previous blogs my daughter left a message letting me know she needed me but it's very obvious that we need each other.

Tomorrow my two oldest grandsons are coming to my house to lift heavy bags of soil out of my car trunk and then distribute the soil into the front garden bed. I'm hoping the new soil in the garden will have sunk all it's going to and this last batch of soil will be all that is needed. Since I haven't got the strength to even budge the bags, it's nice to have my wonderful, brawny grandsons willing to do this for me.

Just recently my son-in-law, who works at least 12 hour days, found the time to do some necessary electrical work for my daughter, his sister-in-law. It's indicative of the close family we have. It's family we should be able to turn to first when we're in need of anything. I know all families aren't as reliable as mine and I don't take my good fortune for granted.

The boys will be here at noon and it won't take them long to complete the job. When they're finished I'll take them out for lunch and get to enjoy the pleasure of their company a little longer. We love each other and we know it. Aren't we lucky?





No comments: