Saturday, October 04, 2008

Dog Sitting

My oldest daughter is off to visit my youngest daughter and I'm looking after Bailey and Baker, the yappy Jack Russell Terriers. They're really quite nice little dogs when they're not yapping, though.

Baker spends most of the day sleeping underneath the livingroom sofa and Bailey sleeps at my feet, wherever they happen to be. They are mellow, gentle little girls until someone comes in the house and then they go crazy with excitement, spinning and jumping in the air. The yapping occurs when they're let outside to do their business because first they have to make sure there are no other critters in their yard. My neighbors must curse me at 6 A.M.

I do like having them around, though, and for the duration of their stay I can pretend I'm talking to them instead of to myself. That helps the aging ego.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Don't blame it on age - I had whole conversations with them when I stayed at Kimmy's!! :-)