Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Poor Me, Sick for Christmas

I started sneezing on Sunday and hoped it was allergies. On Monday, my coffee group celebrated by adding Kahlua to our coffee and then we ladies met at a friend's gazebo for drinks in the afternoon. She served slush which I was stupid enough to accept.

It was a cold day and I was having trouble staying warm...not good for the immune system. Neither is booze in the morning and again in the afternoon. Well, it went further than that.

Most of the ladies had the good sense to leave before they got drunk but not 3 of us. One of our problems is that we ran out of pop for the slush and began to drink it straight. That and the fact we were having a hell of a good time made us keep on drinking until we were beyond help.

The binge lasted from 4-7:30 and I still can't believe we got so drunk in that short a time. Slush is a killer and I'll never touch it again. When I woke up yesterday morning my cold had settled full force in my chest and I really felt as though I'd die because it hurt so much to cough.

Friends have been stopping by yesterday and today to see how I'm doing and I appreciate their concern so darned much. This is a magical place where people really do look after each other.

I'm going to stay away from the Xmas Eve festivities so that I don't infect anyone and then hopefully feel well enough tomorrow to attend our Xmas dinner. I won't go if I'm still coughing but that seems to have eased up now. Wish me luck!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

We call it a "hangover". hope you are better soon.

patsyrose said...

I know the difference between a cold and a hangover, you witchy woman. Wish you'd been at the party, though!