Monday, March 23, 2009

Rainy Monday Coffee Time

We've been getting so many people to our Monday morning coffee time that I've had to borrow one of the huge percs from the clubhouse. My little 12 cup one needs to be refilled too many times and just isn't convenient anymore. It will do just fine for the smaller group we get before January.

It rained pretty heavily overnight and then just settled into a mild spit for the rest of the morning. I didn't expect many coffee drinkers so I gathered about 6 chairs under my front awning figuring that if more ladies came we could go inside. Well, it wasn't long before about a dozen showed up and inside we went.

Today was our day to vote on the name we'd put on our t-shirts in next year's park parade. We had a suggestion list of 19 names and the one we chose by overwhelming vote was "Dipsy Chicks". The ladies are really getting into the spirit of this and now want us to wear chicken hats. Linda, the lady who made the turd king hats, has a lot of ideas and we'll probably follow the craziest of them. It's all in fun and no need for our children and grandchildren to worry about us!

I had bought something really wild to use as my hat at our crazy hat at the pool day but it was too cool today so I modeled it for the coffee ladies instead. I'll post a picture when I remember to get someone to take it for me.

By the way, some of you know I harrass my local newspaper at home with letters to the editor and one will be published tomorrow (I think). A very nice lady from the newspaper phoned me to let me know but I forget which day she said it would be in. We discussed the weather and while I complained about 75 F here, she said it was 4 celcius at home (about 38 F). Whoever would have thought it years ago that today I'd be lazing in the Florida sun while someone from my local newspaper called to let me know they were publishing my comments. Hmmm! Life is full of surprises.

Well, this is my vegetating night at home. No games for me tonight, just T.V. I need the rest.



No comments: