Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back Home

Here I am, back home a few days early because L&A found out their water heater flooded their basement. We packed up quickly and summerized the trailer on Tuesday and everything was organized enough that I could toddle on over to the clubhouse to play "31" in the evening. It also gave me the opportunity to hug a whole lot of people goodbye, some I'll see at the reunion in July but many I won't see until next winter. It's hard to explain to outsiders what a family we've become to each other in Florida but they are very special people in my life and I'll miss seeing them every day.

Lisa, Anna, and I had an easy trip home with mainly excellent weather, just a bit of misty rain on Wednesday evening before we stopped for the night. Nancy and Paul from the park sent us home with a huge batch of fudge and brownies so we snacked on that all the way home. We even took half an hour to shop in Walmart just before we got to the border. Both the girls and I needed to stock up on D-Con just in case the mice hadn't all died off from what we'd placed around in the fall. As it turned out, 2 of the D-Con containers I'd placed under the bathroom vanity were empty. That means the little buggers could still be around. I've got enough D-Con to kill an army of them, though, and I intend to get them all.

The girl's basement is a total mess and will probably need to be completely redone. It has been dried out but still smells badly of dampness which will take a while to dissipate. Bless their little hearts, they had to come over to my house for showers because they have no hot water and while they were here they fixed my computer keyboard. It only needed to be plugged in tighter but I never would have thought of that.

I'm happy to be home and I'm looking forward to taking care of business here. There is a lot that needs doing, most of it fun stuff involving my present interests, so I have no time to be bored. There won't be nightly card games and lots of visitors at the door every day but that's okay. This is a different world but still a terrific one because most of my babies are here. And a brand new one is on the way!

Note: We arrived to sunny skies and mild weather. The grass is green and a few crocuses are still in bloom. A perfectly wonderful Canadian spring day!






No comments: