Monday, April 13, 2009

Going Home Early

Bad news! My neighbor from back home phoned to say that L&A's water heater burst and their basement is flooded so I guess we'll be leaving for home on Wednesday instead of Saturday. This is no problem for me but I know the girls will be worried sick all the way home. Right now they're at Disney and probably won't return until after midnight and I have no way of reaching them. We'll have to work all day tomorrow readying the car to go and the trailer to be left.

I hate emergencies like this that interfere with well laid plans but we (Lisa, Anna, and I) are so very fortunate to have neighbors like Steve, Isabel, and John who are looking after our homes while we vacation. The men are trying to get the water level down and they've contacted the utilities necessary to handle the problem. Thanks to them the water damage will be less than it would if they weren't so willing to help out.

I can get some of the departure items crossed off my list today but there is a lot I can't do because the girls have my car. With luck we might even be able to leave late tomorrow. It's time to go home anyway so leaving a few days early is fine by me.

My next blog will be from Canada where I'll probably have the furnace on and also a pair of warm socks. End of winter 2009.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey, if you get here on Thursday we are supposed to have 19 degree C. temps. You just might luck in!
xoxox