Sunday, April 12, 2009

Final Days

This time next week I'll be in my northern home, probably glad to be back and settled, but also sad in a way that my winter is only a memory.

Today we did a tiny bit of housework and then went out for Easter lunch with 2 other couples. It took the place of our usual Sunday morning breakfast ritual at the same restaurant.

We drove back to the park after lunch and I stayed to spend time at the pool and the girls went out shopping AGAIN! For the life of me I can't see how they can waste so much time shopping day after day after day. I guess we all enjoy ourselves in different ways, though.

Me, I went up to the pool and had a swim and then snuggled under an umbrella and read for a while. When I'd had enough I went back to the trailer and did some yard work. Three rather large hibiscus bushes were hit hard by our January frost and I've finally accepted that the branches are now deadwood so I cut them all back. I'm hoping they'll still be alive at the roots and will grow once again. There's lots of gardening cleanup to do before I leave on Saturday but I hate to put the potted plants away too soon.

Well, the girls just got back from their shopping in time for us to go over to the clubhouse for ice-cream. Good timing!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I a selfishly waiting for your return. I do hope you enjoy your last days though. Let me know what day you plan on being back so I can start your fridge, etc.
Happy Easter Momma.