Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Agree With Miss California

Apparently Miss California has caused quite a stir in the "politically correct" crowd by asserting her belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, not between people of the same sex. Her comments made the headlines and certain factions are rearing up against her audacity in stating her personal beliefs. What happened to free speech in America? Since when is it a crime to say you don't support gay marriage?

I don't support gay marriage so go ahead and sue me! I do support equal pay, equal rights, non-violence, and acceptance for gays. I support a legal union between gays that could be called anything they like...except marriage. I have to admit I do have trouble with accepting the right of gays to adopt but I'm working on my attitude. It's very possible I object to gays adopting because of my own early social conditioning but I'm trying to be more open minded and logical.

My support for Miss California is because it is a dangerous road we're taking if we forbid people from openly objecting to gay activity. It's on par with people being blacklisted in their jobs because they spoke out against their country's leader.

Free speech is the backbone of a civilized country, something worth fighting to retain. I applaud Miss California for expressing her constiutional right by speaking her mind instead of spouting "politically correct" drivel.

2 comments:

Kim said...

It was quite interesting that there was a huge applause when she was articulating her beliefs. Where are all those people now?

patsyrose said...

Standing meekly in the crowd and afraid to speak out.