Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yip and Yap Are Back

I forgot to warn my neighbors but I'm sure they're all aware that Bailey and Baker, Kim's Jack Russells, are living at my house for a few days.

They followed me around the backyard as I completed my plantings this morning but I had to put them inside in their cage while I watered everything. I didn't want them tearassing through mud and then tracking it into the house. It's funny but they didn't bark while they were in the cage and I was outside watering but when I got my purse and keys and went out the front door they barked like crazy. I think they recognized that they were about to be left alone.

They are really sweet gentle dogs and I do enjoy having them here but the barking drives me nuts. The one dog we had for about 15 years almost never barked. He was a mixed breed Lab and when he saw something that he didn't like he'd growl quietly, sort of a warning. When he was left alone in the house he'd have a snit and refuse to look at us while we were leaving and then he'd have a nap on the couch. A big NO NO but it was his way of retaliating.

I'd thought that B&B only barked for a few moments when I left but last year my neighbor told me they barked constantly. This time I've put their cage in the computer room where they can see out into the yard so maybe they won't mind being left alone so much. At least until some stupid cat or squirrel walks up to the patio door to look at them.

I do what I can.

No comments: