Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My New Haircut

I'm not thrilled. I wanted a big change and told the hairdresser to do what she thought best (after giving her some ideas) and the outcome is a beautiful haircut but a style I'm not sure I can live with. We've all been there, haven't we?

Why is it usually so difficult to change our long established hairstyles? My friend has a style very similar to my new one and I fell in love with it on her but it suits her much better than it does me. I have to keep telling myself that my hair grows fast and this is not forever. I really thought I wanted change and a bit of adventure in my new haircut but maybe I've been fooling myself.

I'm pleased with the expertise of the hairstylist and I don't blame her but I sort of wish I hadn't opted for such a drastic change. I'm just not brave when it comes to my hair. It's cut in a style where one side is longer than the other which I thought looked really cool on my friend but, on me, I look kind of scalped on the short side.

My hair grows fast. My hair grows fast. My hair grows fast.

No comments: